10.28.2013

Home again, home again

Jiggity Jig!

After a whirlwind weekend with family, my mom and I drove hoe today. It was kind of like Mr. Toad's wild ride. Fortunately, we had another good book to listen to on the way home. Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke. I really like her writing style. While driving in the morning, I was so tired that my poor mother had to take my shift. When I woke up in the middle of her driving my shift, it was to snow falling. LOTS of snow. Our pace had slowed to about 20 mph. We were used to 80 mph. It was funny to see California girls driving in the snow. In fact, when we switched seats, I bet any onlookers probably had raised eyebrows because I was wearing capri exercise pants and a completely inappropriate jacket for the temperature. I think that karma felt bad and gave us a few good restrooms on the way home. I mostly think that because as soon as we got out of the snow, the bathrooms were scary again. Really scary. Maybe not as bad as the sinkless wonder, but still not up to snuff.

We did get home safely and that's all that matters.

No comments: