After helping me unload groceries and making note of what I bought: "You got meat and potatoes... it's Stephanie's perfect trifecta!...uh...if you add another thing."
When driving him home from a hard day at work once: "Ahhh.... no more work, no more school, more more teachers' dirty loo...uh.... no more books..."
I just love how he trails off! It reminds me of Tommy Boy (you're the one with the shell on it...) because it takes him longer than anyone else to realize he's got it all wrong. We laugh so hard at Jimmy's little cliche slip-ups. In our household, it's usually Jimmy's flubs that become the new cliche. You know, everything is just "so good, so far..." On the clip below, please note 0:32 & 1:54... that's Jimmy.
I am getting kind of sick of those chicks topping my blog from the last post, so I suppose I'll write something...
There is so much going on in our lives right now.
Chair of school fundraiser with $50,000 budget- check!
Jimmy going to school full time- of course!
Teaching seminary every morning- you've got it!
Make dinner, treat, costume, diorama- I'll see your diorama and raise you a solar system!
Needless to say, my house is in shambles, I'm losing my brain (and my iPod... sad, I know.), and I only see my husband over leftovers or pasta-roni, but I am truly happy. When there is so much to be done it is really difficult to complain. I still have plenty of time to gossip, though.
So, even though we are facing such demanding schedules- I wouldn't have it any other way.
p.s. I just want to let you all know that my writing has not only been scant in blogging, but in facebook statuses as well. It seems that Twitter has been my media of choice. I can be snarky as I please because my (one-literally) follower doesn't judge me...
Here's a sampling:
- Judging by the tailored ads on hulu, I watch tv shows made for a 16 yr old girl...
- Only half way through X-mad vacation... anyone want a 7 yr old?
- X-mas... I suppose that was a Freudian slip.
- Yes, I'm doing it. Going out in public, on a weekday wearing bright red lipstick. Go ahead, say it: "oh, you rebel, you..."
- rule#1 in my car: DO NOT change the radio if a Beatles song is on... unless you would like to go home with a stump for a hand.
- Am I going on the naughty list for wanting to skip the elementary school performance today?
- It's going to be a bad day... my seminary kids can attest to that. Make a wide berth for USS Stephanie today- for the good of life and limb.
- What kind of person texts while riding a bike?! Oh yeah, the idiot kind...
- Seminary kids were a tad snarky today... it pains me to teach kids so much like me.
We are still debating what to name the newcomer to our family. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.