- Make sure dogs are extremely excited (to the point of jumping and barking uncontrollably) to go outdoors.
- Train them to wait until you say a code word to go outside ('Okay!' works just fine)
- Open the sliding glass door and prepare for a stampede. The important part of this step is to MAKE SURE you leave the screen door closed unknowingly.
- Use your code word to release the hounds.
- Watch as they easily tear through the flimsy screen door.
- Each time you forget to open the screen door, your new, top of the line, doggy door will do the trick. (Be careful when letting the larger of the two dogs outside, it may result in the posterior end getting stuck)
Appliqued Hard Wood Floors
With that previous picture being so terrible, I thought I'd put in one that makes me look less like a total slob. I did, however, wear pajamas all day and eat junk food. But, that was part of the requirement. Everyone in attendance had to come in pj's and eat all the fabulous things laid out. Plus, we each got a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream to ourselves... yeah, I haven't weighed myself yet... please, don't remind me...
On my favorite humor blog, there was this touching video. It reminds me of the Relief Society, all the wonderful friends I have and my family. I have been buoyed up in so many of my journeys and I am grateful for all that has been done, shared, endured or worried about on my behalf. Thank you all for contributing to my success. I choose to leave people anonymous when mentioning these things I have such gratitude for, but if it's you, you'll know! Thank you all for:
- Helping me stay motivated while exercising, even if we look ridiculous
- Teaching me the value of a clean and tidy home
- Helping express my love of cooking by encouraging me through especially hard parties/events
- Listening to me 'vent' and never utter the word 'gossip'
- Being a fabulous example by serving the Lord selflessly
- Sharing your talents and style, all while pulling me along behind you
- Sifting through all my woes without judgment
You are all amazing people, why else would I associate myself with y'all?! Thank you again and I love you.
I made this apron too! Jimmy took this picture from outside! Notice the screen texturing effect?
I hade a fabulous time with my family! Ashley stayed tonight and I tortured her with my workout videos. It made me feel good that I was able to get through each video when a freshman in high school was having a hard time! Woo Hoo!
- lemon bars
- chocolate mint brownies
- cheesecake bites
- cream puffs
- strawberry custard blossoms
- mini cupcakes with butter cream frosting
- fresh fruit platters
I wish I got a picture, everything was so cute- all tiny little bite-sized pieces of deliciousness! Anyone who knows me, knows that this is a HUGE deal! I baked it all from scratch- ALL BY MYSELF (excluding the lemon bars... Jimmy did those) everything was sinfully good. I wouldn't know, though :), I have been practicing a life style change- no sugar! (I actually tasted everything once, just to make sure it was good, but only 1 bite!)
P.S.- update on the life style change- I have lost 16 lbs., Jimmy has lost 21 lbs. YAY US!
Front: Do I Dazzle you? Back: frequently.
Front: Twilight Back: It's about a vampire who loves a girl... pause... just read it!
Front: Twilight Back: Jacob Black, I want to LA PUSH you off a cliff
Front: Save a Volvo, ride a vampire Back: Twilight
Front: When God made Robert Pattinson, he was just showing off
Front: OCD Obsessive Cullen Disorder ( I stole my post heading from this shirt... saved the best for last!)Natalie, Janeen & me- waiting and all very tired.... Janeen wanted a picture to prove to her grown children that she actually stayed up to go to the Midnight showing!Megan and I always get a little too into it...I even wore the red lipstick in honor of the beautiful vampires.
p.s. you know I'm serious when I've chosen comfort over style.
I'm sick of shopping at Pretty & Plump, so our family has undergone a 'lifestyle change'. The primary reason for doing this is vain... I want to be able to continue shopping in stores- no catalog shopping for me! I'm only a few sizes away from having to shop by mail, so I decided to nip that in the bud! For 6 weeks, we have eaten pescatarian (vegetarian+fish) and I have committed to doing "Yoga Ballet Booty" at least once a week. I have had a great support system in all of this: my husband (who has already lost 15 lbs.- argh!), my friends, and my family. Thank you all for helping me so much! I feel really good about myself & I hope we will continue have a healthy and active lifestyle.
P.S.- That commercial is totally legit. Too legit, to quit- in fact. Jimmy found it on an old home movie from the '80's. Is it not HYSTERICAL?!?!?!
p.s- I thought I could fit all the produce on one bench, but I kept having to move other pieces of furniture to hold it all! (Notice all the little mismatched footstools?) All together I got 133 pieces of food- not including the grapes, I didn't want to count all of those.
This house was freakin' awesome! Captain Jack Sparrow greeted us at the door with gold coins and candy. He had the accent, the clothing, the dirt under the fingernails... the whole nine yards. How could we pass up a photo op? Forget that our children were whimpering behind us because of all the scary things on the porch... "Be quiet kids, mommy's gotta get her picture on!"