6.25.2013

The Grahams & The Currens do the Boardwalk

We inadvertently chose the best day to go to the Boardwalk while at the beach house. It was rainy and cold and not very sunny until late afternoon. When other people are miserable in the aforementioned state, mostly, those people choose to stay home. Not us! We did not wait in a single line! In fact, by the end of the night, Melanie and I both agreed that we had been 'rided out'- which never happens. It was a good day full of fun rides, a random eastern European man named Vesko, a spotting of a local Napa photographer I am star- struck by and lots of roasted corn on the cob. I most definitely count this day on the pro side of my life list.
 












Funny little side note: I kept thinking the park closed at 11:00pm, when it really closed at 10:00pm. On our way out, I stopped in the gift shop and took my sweet time. I could not get over how rude the store clerk was in trying to kick us out. In fact, they had to unlock the door to let us out. I got frustrated when I looked at the time and it was only 10:44- Then when I reached the car and turned around, the park had all the lights off. Only then did it dawn on me that I had kept that gift shop open for 45 minutes!!! Oops.

No comments: