8.25.2013

The work moves forward

Our missionaries are the first to get iPads!
You may wonder why it's important for the Elders to carry tablets around when it might become a distraction.
But you see, they are able to teach lessons to people in other countries on Skype!
And to post things of significance on their facebook thread.

I have noticed a definite change in the focus on missionary work. I was reading in Alma the other day. Alma and Amulek are teaching the people about Christ coming to visit the earth for the first time. Alma 16:16 reads, "the Lord did pour out His Spirit on all the face of the land to prepare the minds of the children of men, or to prepare their hearts to receive the word which should be taught among them at the time of His coming."
I feel like a flood gate was opened up at the missionary broadcast back in May. There was what felt like a switch. There was a switch in my mind anyway. We are preparing this earth for Christ to return again. He will come, whether we are ready or not. The things that have happened regarding missionary work in the past year have been so fast moving. I am excited for all that we are trying to prepare for. I am excited to see the progress that must come to pass before we can welcome the Savior again.

And so, we have been trying to help the missionaries by inviting people to ask questions at dinner. I have posted menus on my social media sites hoping for a bite. I want to share the gospel because of the peace I fell. I want to share because of my love for mankind. I want to serve in whatever capacity I am needed. I hope that I can continue to have the desire to help the missionaries. Because, He is coming, whether I am ready or not...




No comments: