6.05.2008

OCD

So, I definitely know I am a little obsessive.
Since I've started this blog, it's all I can think about. If I read a good book, it's all I can think about. If I see a good movie, I dream about the characters.... you get the idea, like I said- a little obsessive.
When our family first moved up here to the hills, we had no internet access. It felt like I was cut off at the knees. I had resorted to checking my email at the library and the in-laws... poor Stephanie. Just recently Jimmy needed internet very badly to do his homework at home. So, we bought a super duper satellite antenna on ebay(we bid at the library, of course). Jimmy climbed on top of the house and installed everything and boom!- we're in business.
When we didn't have internet at home, it got to the point that I got super fast on the internet elsewhere. This is the way it went: In to the computer chair with a list of what I needed to look up, check the email, add movies to the blockbuster queue, forget about the list and, in the words of David Bowie, "wham bam, thank you, ma'am". That's it. Done. No more internet.
Now that we did have internet access, it took me a month or two to get used to the fact that I could look up recipes on the food network site- WHILE MAKING DINNER!!!! Yay! So, that's how this mess got started... then I started researching parties to go with that recipe. Next thing you know, I had navigated myself to a great little website, you night of heard of it- You Tube. You see, I was planning these parties (nonexistent, of course) with awesome recipes and great center pieces, but what to entertain my guests with??? Ah Ha! a web site with silly commercials, funny little videos and amateur cinematographers having their shot at the big time. Genius.
Now, one messy google search after another and I've started a blog. Now, it's all I can think about. I already have a post planned for the Fourth of July! This is the perfect outlet for someone who cannot erase all the silly, inane things said in public but, now, can rewrite a sentence over and over without anyone seeing anything but the end product!

Did I mention I'm a little obsessive?

No comments: