1.30.2013

Walk around the (writer's) block

To be honest with you, I really don't have anything to write about... but I do not want to give up on my New Year's resolution before February!!! I will be in Florida for a week and I have no idea how the internet situation is going to be- so, although the post may stop for awhile, I will continue to write and post when I have adequate internet access. I do not think it a coincidence that we are going to Florida of February 1! What a perfect excuse to break this resolution.

One thing I did realize this month as I started posting regularly is this: I really don't care what people think anymore. I used to write on my blog hoping to entertain and inspire. This go round, I have not tried to do anything but write. Honestly, I only write on this blog now because it's easier to type a journal than hand write. I have been missing out on what's going on in our family because I haven't written it on my blog. Fortunately for me, that will all change this year (I hope!!!)

Also, Jimmy and I are licensed foster parents and expect to have someone in our home soon. If and when that happens, we plan on actually sending out a Christmas card (gasp! I know!) this year. If I do that, I don't know what format I'll use, seeing as I have never really done the whole Christmas card thing. If writing a year in review is what I decide to do, I thought maybe I should actually have a record of how the year goes, right?

No comments: