2.07.2013

good kind of crazy

While in line at the security checkpoint in the Miami airport, we received a call from a social worker from our county. We hadn't even gotten on the plane to come home before we were agreeing to take a sibling set of two for a short time.

We picked the two up when we returned to California without even unpacking. Needless to say, it was chaotic in our home that first night. We have experienced three nights of bedtimes with three children. It has been an absolute circus...

and I am loving it. Unfortunately, just as we had a night with no wailing and gnashing of teeth, we have to return the children. It will be quiet here once again and I am sad. Because I know this is a honeymoon period- but I like lots of kids. I wouldn't have worked at a daycare for nearly 7 years if I didn't like being thrown up on, wiped with boogers and been given the biggest and most sincere hugs possible. Maybe that stuff about boogers and barf are not true, but I do like the chaos that comes with kids running circles around me. I am very glad that we made the decision to be foster parents. I am thrilled to have found a way to welcome little ones into our lives. My heart breaks for the circumstances that places children in foster care, but I am happy to help where I'm needed.

No comments: