1.07.2009

I heart TJ's

One of the reasons we didn't move to Utah was because there is no Trader Joe's... crazy? I think not. I get a great salad mix: Butter Lettuce & Radicchio... except I hate radicchio. You would think I would just buy a head of butter lettuce, no? Well, I love having already washed lettuce and if I have to wash lettuce for anything other than thai lettuce wraps...you've lost me.
So how does 'making a salad' go at the house of Graham? Take out the bag a lettuce mix, put equal amounts of mix on mine and Jimmy's plate, trade all my radicchio for all his butter lettuce, top with desired toppings (lately have been- bell pepper, tomato, cucumber, red onion, olives, feta, pepperonchini, balsamic glaze-yum!), and pretend nothing happened. The key to success? Add toppings after lettuce heist.


P.s.- I love you, Jimmy

4 comments:

Katie Blatter said...

I must say that when I first moved here I was very sad to part with TJ's. I have gotten over it though, amazingly, there is way more than enough here to make up for it! Even a nice store, similar enough, that gets us by! :) It has been sooo beautiful and snowy the last several days!

April Kennedy said...

Post 97...woohoo! Can't wait for 100!

I love that you do that to Jimmy's salad...I totally thought you were going to say that you just take out your raddichio...but to take all his butter...that is great!

we need to eat more salad!

lmhiserman said...

That's my favorite mix too! Great minds think alike. Although, I don't mind the radicchio. We have been eating a lot of salad too. I've really been enjoying them. I still want to some recipes!

Liza said...

I love Trader Joe's too! I used to drive an hour to go there every few months before they actually came to town. I was probably way more excited than I should have been when they finally opened here :)