2.11.2014

Carnivore


Today started our pretty tough.
It was only after I left the house that I realized my exercise pants had a huge hole in the inner thigh.
And it was only after I took a sip of my homemade smoothie on the way to work that the yogurt I had used was expired... expired yogurt is bad, but expired greek yogurt is death.
Work had its normal ups and downs...
well, except for the part where one kids emptied out the ENTIRE bookshelf while I was cleaning up the previous mess he just made.
Oh, and the part where another kid shattered my *gasp* precious Starbucks cup.
And then how about the time another kid had a total melt down at lunch meanwhile leaving a trail of snot in her wake?!

It was a doozy of a day. I think I could have handled it all if I wasn;t supremely cranky from pregnancy to begin with. But folks, you'd be proud of me. I didn't yell. I kept my calm Miss Stephanie voice.

Only because I knew that Safeway carries the precious Starbucks cup year round when other stores only have stock in the Summer.

And so after the epic beginning of my day, I felt it only right to treat myself to a fabulous lunch. This day was past any chocolate craving and far beyond a Whopper Jr. at Burger King. Oh no, this required the big guns:


 
That's right- filet mignon.
If you see me hunkered down over a steak, please know that it is a cry for help. Although I am into all the fun trendy foods, there is nothing quite as comforting to me as steak and potatoes with sautéed spinach. I know it's strange, but I don't drink...

p.s.- I also got a delivery on thin mints and samoas. This day is really looking up.

No comments: