8.02.2008

she's baaack!


Well, after using a hammer a chisel to chip off the final layer of dirt, I have found the time in between loads of laundry to tell a few stories from girls' camp. If you are the type to be offended or woozy from displays of bodily functions, please read the next blog in your list. You will not like what you are about to read.


As one of my responsibilities at girls' camp, I had to wake the girls up in the morning. Despite not being a morning person, this was my favorite part of the day. I loved the way they tunneled out of their sleeping bags like little moles and would give my the most unique faces. It just made me laugh. One morning in particular, I was feeling in a very silly mood. At one tent, I unzipped the tent flap and poked my head in to awaken my little moles. One popped out and said, "Stephanie! I don't smell anymore!" I suppose she had lost her sense of smell... but who could miss the next opportunity that I just took. My response: I turned around, stuck my round rump in the tent and let 'er rip. Then I said, "You do now!" With my mission accomplished, I zipped the tent shut and walked away to the sound of squealing girls.


One morning, after I had made my rounds, I went to the bathroom to make a deposit (some say 'take a dump', 'drop a deuce', 'drop the kids off at the pool', ' see the browns at the Superbowl', 'the morning meeting' etc.). As I was sitting on the can noticing the insufficiency of the lock, a poor unsuspecting girl opened the door. Here's the picture she saw: an exhausted woman with a sweatshirt pulled over her head pulled tight so that the mouth and nose are the only remaining visible features on her face. After she screamed and slammed the door shut, all I could do was laugh. When I finished up my business I came out, looked at the girl and said, "You may not want to go in there." I turned to her friend and stated, "I'm a morning person..." then with a wink and point, "...if you know what I mean." I crack myself up.


Because I was so busy during the day, I was hard pressed for time for personal grooming. One day, I didn't have time to take a shower. Let me tell you- by the end of the day, I was rank. I kept telling my tent mate how bad I smelled. "It's like something went under my arms and died!" I would say. She did not believe me. She only stated that it was normal to smell a little at camp. Well, while I was changing that night, I lifted my arms to take of my sweatshirt. She screamed from across the tent, "Stop farting!" I responded, "I told you I smelled- I just lifted my arms!" We fell into a fit of laughter and I went to take a shower.


I have countless other stories to tell, but I'm afraid people have been grossed out enough. I did have a good time and experienced true joy. I was able to bear my testimony in more ways than I thought imaginable. I experienced trials and triumphs. It was a great week.

7 comments:

mills said...

SO GLAD YOUR BACK. Sunday was not nearly as fun with out sneaking away for a sec to be gitty girly with you..haha. Megan and I scrapbooked twice, it was very nice!! If you want to i'm kind of inviting anyone who wants to, i'll do it at my house fri or sat? john and josh are both gone so we thought, why not? our girls will be here but they can play and watch a movie but anyways. Glad to hear everyone had so much fun at camp! talk to ya tomorrow

April Kennedy said...

stephanie...you know that was not nearly enough stories for me. I want them all! I read Kellys post today and I must say I have felt depressed today....really sad I missed out..Dave keeps asking me what's wrong and I say oh nothing. I'll call you soon. We are still in San Clemente completely enjoying every minute of it, but we do come home tomorrow afternoon. Glad you are home!

Katie Blatter said...

Oh my gosh Stephanie!!! Yes, keep writing more stories. I love the deep testimony ones but also ones like you wrote here...I am sitting here laughing out loud!!! Oh, and I posted a very sad post today, you'll have to see it.

Tracy Davis said...

OH Stephanie we would be trouble camping together....out to dinner together...scrapping together...
you crack me up. I love all of your stories. Glad you had a good time.

Rella said...

Tell us all your stories. Going to camp as a leader is something I will never get to experience and I want to hear it all! I have my own memories of going there as a girl but these stories are so much better!

Megan said...

That is the funniest crap (pardon the pun) I have ever heard. Have you started to read Breaking Dawn yet? I am almost half way done. It is soooooooooooo good. What happened to Stacy's blog???

Care'n said...

Oh boy, does this bring back memories!!! Love you sweetie and we will blog together in a few short days!
Mom