7.04.2008

Happy 4th of July!

I have always loved the 4th of July. When I was 12 years old, I created a parade in my neighborhood. The first year it was a 'boutique' parade, meaning there about 6 people there, one of which was the moving crowd- a teenage boy who ran ahead of the parade and clapped for us as we went by. Now the parade is still going strong. Hundreds of people each year come now! There is a fire engine, clowns, popsicle sales and a band. I'm proud to say I started that. So, if you're ever in Coventry, Rhode Island- make sure to attend the annual Apple Blossom Lane Parade. On to current years... we enjoyed fireworks, hot dogs, a sand castle building contest and corn on the cob. I love spending time with my family. I am grateful to live in a country where so many people have fought for my liberty. Thank you to all who served for my country. I love the oppotunities I have because of them!

No, we did not put this sign up there just to take a picture for my blog. Someone actually wrote this. If you can't read the sign, it says, "SORRY WE NOT HAVED CURLYFRIES AND SPACY CHiCKEN SORRY" I'm not sure if the second sorry was for the lack of goods or lack of grammar. (Please take not of the lone lower case 'i' in the sign... poor 'i')




A hot dog AND a popsicle! Only in America and when mom isn't looking!










Kaitling is seriously punishing that hot dog! Please take note of the awesome heart tatt. No, it doesn't say 'Mom' beneath it.







My niece Nora is so cute! This is the first time she had ever had a popsicle. She is following in her cousin, Kaitlin's footsteps- she is punishing that sweet treat!





Kaitlin was buried in the sand by her auntie, Ashley. It is always cute to see her enjoy the beach and do things for the first time.

No comments: