10.17.2008

Judging by my physique,

I've never been sent to bed without dinner. For the first time in my history of child rearing, I have sent my child to bed without dinner. This is not the worst mistake I have made as a parent.

To top that list is reading my darling daughter the book, "Green Eggs and Ham".

EVERY SINGLE MORNING our conversation goes something like this:
M: Sweetie, I picked out a dress for you to wear today.
K: Yay! I just adore wearing dresses!
M: It's a super cute black belted dress. Don't you love it?
K: I hate black.
M: But, it's cute...
K: I expressly told you I only like the colors- pink, purple, yellow (because it's Pres. Monson's favorite color), white, red and green.
M: Look at the belt! And with a pink undershirt and black leggings and ballet flats and your hair in a side bun with a flower... I just think it completes the outfit...
K: I will not wear it here or there,
I will not wear it anywhere!
Not with a goat, not in a boat!
I do not like it Sam-I-am!
M: Oh, gosh...

That little girl does really have the word expressly in her vocabulary. I came up with a brilliant idea when she started to talk. Don't baby talk her. Use adult words. Her vocabulary will be superb. I am sincerely paying for that choice. I now hate the words: meanwhile, nevertheless, inappropriate and any other word over two syllables-
I boycott all big kid words.
I will not use them here or there!
I will not use them anywhere!
I do not like them Sam-I-am!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids tell me I'm inappropriate.

I beat you, I beat you, neener, neener, neener!!

Anonymous said...

haha...cute post! Smart little girl! And if it makes you feel better I think the outfit sounds adorable. And I think your dogs over there on the side are super cute too! :)

Pennies In My Pocket said...

LOLOLOL Ohhhh man....I have so much to look forward to when my baby starts talking, eh?

~melody~

Mamarazzi said...

adorable.

my daughter Jordan is 13 and STILL lets me pick out her clothes. i am so glad she doesn't care. she usually asks me to choose two outfits and she will decide which one. the girl is going to need a stylist when she goes to college.

TinaBug said...

Great post! My daughter causes me to go running, screaming and pulling my hair out sometimes! I say she's 5 going on 25.... Watch out world!!!

hugs from NC

Ally said...

So cute, what a smart girl you have!

Mom said...

OMGoodness I am LMBO right now.

Meaghan said...

I LOVE Dr. Seuss! I got a hope box for a friend of mine who is battle cancer (Nana's box makes them you should check her out) One of the cards has a Dr. Seuss quote and its wonderful!

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.

Some come from ahead and some come from behind.

But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me!
-Dr. Seuss


-Meg

April Kennedy said...

Wow, my friend Stephanie is getting popular! 8 Comments by 9:30am....you rock! Very cute post. You, my friend, are a brilliant writer.

Kelly said...

I bet you could make green eggs and ham taste good. Tristan went to bed before dinner this week, but I did give him plain bread, water and carrots-all things he doesn't really like. It made for a VERY quiet night. May have to do that more often.

TinaBug said...

Ok, so, tag you're it again. I was tagged with this one and am passing it on to you. I don't have many people on my blog that I can tag so...
hugs from NC

Ann said...

My 3 year old boy doesn't let me pick his clothes!
Every time I buy something for him, I need to ask before will he wear it. Last night I was trying to buy winter boots from Ebay and I almost got a bit mad, because I showed him 6 different pairs and none of them wasn't good enough.
Oh boy, he's still 3....

Danyele Easterhaus said...

laughing...and glad its u and not me! ha! found u on SITS today! smiles for your weekend!

WheresMyAngels said...

That is so funny. My daughter will use big words and I'll just be speechless. Course she also uses made up words too, like "Sweatingout" this is what she calls it when she sweats.

nikkicrumpet said...

Kids would be so much easier to deal with if we never taught them to talk...well...and that would work with men too!