4.02.2018

I have an excuse, really, I do...

I know it's for dumbest reason ever, but I stopped blogging in the middle of the good Norway posts because for some silly reason, I can't post pictures anymore. I tried to rectify the situation, but not as wholeheartedly as I could muster. Which, unfortunately resulted in me taking a blogging hiatus for longer than I had ever wanted. I use this blog for my own personal reasons. I love to look back on the  days that may have felt mundane at the time. Because it is those days that are actually with which I build my life. Rather than try to remember each day in Norway, I am choosing to share the stuff I don't have to try too hard to remember. It is a travesty that no pictures will accompany this post, but not so much as if I did not write at all.

Norway. The gorgeous country that I would gladly call home for many reasons. The landscape was not like anything I have ever seen. Until cruising through the fjords, my favorite place on earth was Yellowstone National Park. But the moment I drifted on a ferry in between cliffs higher than any building I've ever seen, I had found a place closer to heaven than I had ever experienced. To tour this gorgeous country just hours and days after losing our home to a wildfire made the place all the more magical. The gorgeous countryside was just a backdrop for the beauty that is my family in Norway. There was no better person to ease my heartache than AnneBrit. She scooped me up with her laughter and cradled me in her artistic hands. Being in her home so lovingly adorned with art and freshly baked bread, mismatched dishes and handmade linens brought healing to me. Learning how to knit at AnneBrit's side was a gift that was better than any souvenir I could have ever brought home.

The rest of the family we met were so kind and welcoming and lovely. Straight up fantastic.
I hope if my family from Norway ever comes, we can be as great of a host as they were. In quiet moments, I plan all the things I would show them if they came. Maybe my hope is that they will read this here blog post, stumble on that last sentence and then book a trip. Because I would love nothing more than to plan a whole tour for them! (Sending these vibes into the universe)

I loved the food. LOVED the food. Except maybe the $70 Burger King! Whaaaa??? It's true, folks. I ate reindeer and cloudberries and the best breads and jams and Swedish licorice.

The details have waned because I too distracted to finish this post (Vivy woke up) so I'm just going to leave this here:
I can't wait to go back.



No comments: