4.23.2018

Happy Birthday to me!

You guys,
this birthday has been so fantastic!
It all started with a text last Wednesday,
"I was instructed to tell you that you are supposed to not get ready for the day, but instead wear 'active wear' and be Vivy free at your house around 8:15"
I was whisked away by Brittani promptly at 8:15. She drove me to Timberhill, my favorite hike in Napa, where a bunch of my awesome friends were waiting to go on a hike. It was gorgeous!
Then, we went to Napa General Store for breakfast where another group met to celebrate. And so the whole day went from surprise stop to surprise stop with different friends at each place!!!

After breakfast, I was taken home and given one hour for my first costume change. Then, off to an antique store, mani pedis (where I giggled uncontrollably at my feet being tickled). After our nails were freshly done, we went to the OxBow where there was another group waiting to have lunch with me. It felt like living a real life pop up book. After lunch, I was taken to the best book store in town and spent a whole afternoon browsing- that was pure bliss. Nearly as blissful was the ice cream we ate following the book store. Then home for another costume change and dinner at the new Thai restaurant. A new batch of friends at this stop! To end the night, we went to go see 'A Quiet Place'. My friends nailed it.
So hard.
I felt so loved and happy all day long.

Not only did my friends score 100%, my family was on point this year too!
My mom scheduled me a spa day and lunch over the weekend. I felt so pampered.
My dad wrote me a beautiful card from his hospital bed. That was a tear jerker.
My in-laws came over for a lazy (and perfect) Sunday evening outside. We talked late into the night. *I freaking love our backyard*

Today, my actual birthday, I spent reading and at the park and eating a deli sandwich in the backyard (the backyard I freaking love) and sushi tonight. Goodness gracious, its been just a long line of all my favorite things with my favorite people.

I was driving around today feeling so loved and a tad guilty for how well I have been treated.
Many thanks to those that contributed to a fantastic week!

No comments: