6.23.2009

Fashion Victims

Netflix has granted me the opportunity to laugh at the poor clothing choices of the characters on Beverly Hills, 90210. Because I wasn't allowed to watch the coveted show on it's first go round, I decided as an adult with no rules to start from season one and work my way up. I have been laughing so hard at the parachute pants, mom jeans and quite possibly the worst trend ever: the overalls with one strap undone and hanging down the back.
Yes, Luke Perry plays the ultimate bad boy... but who can believe that when he has made the fatal overall mistake in three episodes and counting?! Ultimate bad boy or ultimate bad dresser? Poor kid can't stand a chance when the overalls are occasionally covered up by an acid washed denim trench coat- with shoulder pads. I kid you not. Despite the poor fashion choices of Dylan McKay, he's still my favorite. The voice alone is the definition of teenage crush. Aw, sweet Dylan, I kid because I love...

4 comments:

April Kennedy said...

Oh I could go for re-living the original 90210. Have fun watching!

{amy} said...

90210 was on the year after I graduated highschool. hmmm maybe I named my Dylan after the bad boy!! Thankfully I never succumbed to the overalls. whew.

Kelly said...

I miss the overalls.....life was good in the 90210 days!

Rebecca Jo said...

Thats hilarious - I watched the "Donna Martin" marathon on Soap Net a few weekend ago & thought the same thing - those jeans are HORRIBLE! & the shoulder pads put Dynasty to shame!!!