7.04.2017

Two salads: one my recipe, one, not so much

BOTH DELICIOUS.
For our 4th of July barbeque, I made two of my favorite salads. 
The first recipe- my own creation. It works well in a lettuce based sald or a pasta based salad. I used greens this time around. 
A rough recipe:
Butter lettuce
crisp bacon pieces
peas
feta
Dressing: 
1 TB shallots, minced
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
zest and juice of one lemon
 1/2 tsp dill
salt & pepper to taste
1/3 cup Olive oil
Second yummy salad
1 lb cooked pasta (I used whole wheat penne)
1 container mozzarella balls, cut in half 
2 pints grape tomatoes, quartered
2 handfuls torn basil
1/4 cup balsamic
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup olive oil
(these are all according to how you like it- add more or use less of anything)



No comments: